To find out more about the Master in Urban Planning program go to the main MUP web page. Important links are listed below.
- Resource center–-this page has links to most of the information that current MUP students need including degree requirements, areas of concentration, computer recommendations, exemption exams, thesis information, faculty office hours, and student organizations. Important forms are also posted here but can be hard to find. Here are some direct links:
- MUP waivers, exemptions, and substitutions
- Current MUP degree requirements–overall, concentrations, project based courses, and core schedule
- Academic calendars
- Areas of concentration are linked to the page above but available directly as well. I also explain them on this site.
- The main faculty teaching GSD classes in planning are listed elsewhere on this site.
- The Urban Planning and Design Facebook page also a good source for news and information https://www.facebook.com/HarvardUPD.
- Incoming (and current) students have access to a password protected web site that contains information about orientation, recommended readings, and other information. Login information is sent to new students in the summer prior to their arrival at Harvard.
- The Harvard Alumni Online Directory is available to alums and current students from a link on this page. The search feature is a bit clunky but if you put MUP in the “people” search feature you will find Harvard MUPs and some Harvard grads from other programs with MUPs from other institutions as well. To narrow it, choose to filter by the Graduate School of Design.
- Other parts of this site may also be useful including my Planetizen columns, Harvard planning faculty listing, and research advice.